Adopt a School
DELIVERING FOOD EDUCATION TO CHILDREN HUNGRY TO LEARN
Stanhope is very proud to be a part of The Royal Academy of Culinary Arts’ Adopt a School Trust programe, which incorporates Chefs Adopt a School and Hospitality in Schools.
This is a national charity delivering food education in schools.
Objectives of the Adopt a School Programme:
- To introduce children and young people to real, fresh food through an animated approach to tasting
- To encourage children to consider food more closely and learn about food provenance
- To show children how to grow their own food
- To teach basic food preparation skills
- To encourage an understanding of the importance of healthy eating
- To offer an insight into the industry
There is a real need to re-connect children with their food and Adopt a School is the model that should be used across the country.
His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales
Adopt a School is so important, without it, the next generation will really suffer.
Heston Blumenthal OBE, Chef Patron,
The Fat Duck and Royal Academy of Culinary Arts member
Chef Gregg Brown visited Stanhope to deliver a superb ‘adopt a chef’ workshop on different tastes and how our sense of taste works. The children absolutely loved it and it definitely helped to deepen their cookery knowledge. Hopefully, they will apply their newfound expertise to their cooking lessons too!